Numbering The Best

I've thought about doing this post for a long time, and I committed and put in my time to research rhe necessary facts. I've seen people do greatest for each number for their teams so of course I thought about the Twins, and have compiled a list for your, (possible,) enjoyment. I will present the greatest Twins player for each jersey number. This is more a favorites list, so don't go saying I'm crazy because Dave Goltz is not the best. I'd call this a blog bat-around, but it requires too much work, but if you want do it, or have done it already, I'd love to see it. If possible, I chose cards with the number showing. Here we go:

0. Junior Ortiz

1. Billy Martin

2. Brian Dozier

3. Harmon Killebrew

4. Bob Allison

5. Michael Cuddyer

6. Tony Oliva

7. Joe Mauer

8. Gary Gaetti

9. Rich Rollins

10. Tom Kelly

11. Chuck Knoblauch

12. Cesar Tovar

13. Mike Pagliarulo

14. Kent Hrbek

15. Glen Perkins

16. Frank Viola

17. Camilo Pascual

18. Eddie Guardado

19. Scott Erickson

20. Eddie Rosario

21. Delmon Young

22. Brad Radke

23. Nelson Cruz

24. Tom Brunansky

25. Byron Buxton

26. Max Kepler

27. David Ortiz

28. Bert Blyleven

29. Rod Carew

30. Dave Goltz

31. Jim Perry

32. LaTroy Hawkins

33. Justin Morneau

34. Kirby Puckett

35. Gerry Arrigo

36. Jim Kaat

37. Scott Stahoviak

38. Rick Aguilera

39. Juan Rincon

40. Juan Berenguer

41. Drew Butera

42. Butch Huskey

43. Lewis Thorpe

44. Kyle Gibson

45. Phil Hughes

46. German Gonzalez

47. Corey Koskie

48. Torii Hunter

49. Allan Anderson

50. Matt Lawton

51. Anthony Swarzak

52. Brian Duensing

53. Nick Blackburn

54. Ervin Santana

55. Taylor Rodgers

56. Caleb Thielbar
Looking to buy/trade for this card.

57. Johan Santna

58. Scott Diamond

59. Kevin Slowey

60. Jake Cave

61. Cody Stashak

62. Liam Hendriks

63. Yohan Pino
No card exists of Pino with the number 63.

64. Willians Astudillo

65. Trevor May

66. Jorge Alcala

67. Alan Busenitz
Looking to buy/trade for this card.

68. Randy Dobnak

70. Ben Rortvedt

71. Jovani Moran

72. Pat Neshek

74. Joe Ryan

76. Alex Kirilloff

77. Fernando Romero

78. Simeon Woods-Richardson
Looking to buy/trade for this card.

79. Gilberto Celestino

80. Ryan Eades
No card exists of Eades with the number 80.

82. Bailey Ober

83. Griffin Jax

85. Charlie Barnes

86. Edwar Colina

87. Jermaine Palacios

90. Caleb Hamilton
No card exists of Hamilton with the number 90 ± looking to buy/trade for this card.

99. Logan Morrison

Phew. That was a lot of scanning, too much scanning, but a wonderful post nonetheless. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Nicely done! My favorite team that I have followed my whole life. When you get to the upper numbers some of the names are fairly obscure. Lots of good memories in those players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post. I'd consider doing this for the A's and Padres on my blog... but it'd take me forever to dig out cards and then scan them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like it would be a monumental undertaking. Makes me glad that I'm not one of the team collector bloggers, otherwise I might feel obligated to follow your lead. I can certainly appreciate all of the work that you must've put in though, and the presentation turned out really well. Solid post all around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts