Being First And Getting The Best

I may have did something.

2 things, actually.

A much anticipated COMC order was placed, containing all cards for thr Mets except for one card, which was the only card that I was truly truly excited for, out of the entire order, I was excited for a few of the other cards, but the highlight of the purchase was the only card to be in the box. If you saw my forum post on TCDb, you'll know that it is a great card.

That magical card is:


BOOM!

I didn't plan getting this card at all, ever to be honest. But now, it's mine, graded 8 out of 10. This is 1 of the 308 graded 8 cards. This takes the title as the best, most expensive, and my favorite card in the entire collection. This card was on a mental list of the cards I want the most, out of any cards ever, and now it can be removed, as it is in its final resting place where it will not leave until the day I go.


This makes only the 2nd graded gard I own, and the other is the card above. It was a gift from a friend, because they thought since Valentine managed the Mets, we'd be interested in a Dodgers card of him. For what it's worth, I despise the Dodgers. The only benefit is I ever plan to start a graded 1971 set, I've got a good start.

Now of course when I say I am first on something, if youve been here during my short tenure, youll think that I'm refering to Kevin Tapani. Lies. Although Kevin will be mine within the month, in one fell swoop, I became the number one card collectors of none other than Mike Nickeas.


A man, a myth, a legend. (He isn't good enough to be called the man, the myth or the legend.)

Only because I am curious did I look up how many cards the #1 spot had, and it was only 11, and before this order I had 9, all of which were from 2011 Topps. Naturally in order to gain the power that his name provides, 8 cheap and unnecessary parallels were purchased to make it the first player I am in sole possession of leadership.


Just to provide an update in my quest for the more important #1 spot:


SO CLOSE! Soon fellow readers, soon. It's quite fascinating how much I've gotten with the generosity of the kind part of the community.

Of course with the good news comes the bad, and that is pertaining to a card display. A china cabinet holds my best cards, (mostly the HoFer Twins autos,) and the top shelf came down on it, breaking some glassware and keeping me from feeling good about keeping my cards there again. If the Puckett card was in there, I would be mortified if anything happened. In case you were wondering, I wasn't particularly worried about the china but fortunately all the cards were in toploaders and nothing was ruined, except a place to display my cards to myself.

I may be out china, but I got a dope card, one I'll cherish forever. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Ooh, ooh top 10 in both of those as well. Might try and find a way to sneak on up that list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Puckett! I've been following your progress on TCDB for the top Tapani spot. Seems like you should have that wrapped up quite soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on crossing of the Puckett. For decades that was a card I wanted... but thought I'd never own either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your shrewd move to be the #1 Nickeas collector. Is there a list of Tapani cards you still need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any of these https://www.tcdb.com/CollectionBrowseP.cfm/pid/5766/Kevin-Tapani?Member=TwinKiller&CollectionID=&Filter=W

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your big purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts