A Post Of Procrastinated Predictions

 Yes yes, I am back.

A rather busy week of school prohibited me from doing anything post related, (including the April Fools post I wanted to do,) but today I return with my overdue MLB predictions. This includes the record for each team, the post season bracket, and who will win the major awards. (MVP, Cy Young, and ROTY.) Remember when reading this that it is more an accurate description of what I want, and not what will happen

AL East

Rays 102-60 ☆

Yankees 100-62 •

Orioles 91-71 •

Blue Jays 88-74

Red Sox 83-79

It may be a horrible decision on my part, but I think every team will be over .500 in the division. Each team shows promise this year, especially Baltimore.


AL Central

Twins 92-70

Guardians 91-71•

White Sox 84-78

Royals 75-87

Tigers 69-93

OK, I do this every year, and it seems every year I have the Twins winning the division. Maybe because I'm happy about the 3-0 start, I feel they have a chance.


AL WEST

Mariners 98-64

Astros 90-72

Rangers 88-74

Angels 81-81

Athletics 64-98

This is where the accuracy of what I want comes in. I have faith that Seattle will pull it off, but it's the Astros. Oh, and Oakland has the worst record in the MLB.


NL East

Phillies 101-61

Mets 100-62•

Braves 99-63•

Marlins 87-75

Nationals 66-98

A down to the wire race ends with the Phillies snagging the division. The Marlins make a good run, and then we have the Nationals, who are just there.


NL Central

Cubs 90-72

Cardinals 88-74

Reds 84-78

Pirates 80-82

Brewers 79-83

Please feel free to say in the comments in October, "Luke, you should've never doubted Milwaukee!" In my opinion, it's the Cubs division to lose.


NL West

Dodgers 110-52

Padres 108-54•

Diamondbacks 87-75

Rockies 78-84

Giants 75-87

This year the D-Backs make the climb they've been looking for, led by Corbin Carroll. The Dodgers of course take the division then fall in the NLDS.


Postseason Bracket


Here it is, the 2023 MLB Postseason results. The Mets are going to win it all in 5 game fashion against the Rays. The Twins win a postseason game which shocks the press, but alas falls to Seattle. It'll be an interesting postseason for sure.


Award winners.

NL MVP: Manny Machado

AL MVP: Shohei Ohtani

NL Cy Young: Aaron Nola

AL Cy Young: Gerrit Cole

NL Rookie Of The Year: Corbin Carroll

AL Rookie Of The Year: Gunnar Henderson

Ohtani bags his 2nd MVP, solidifying himself among the baseball legends. Part of me wanted to make him Cy Young, but I couldn't do it. Cole has a beautiful season but crumbles in the playoffs.

There you have it, the 2023 MLB season predictions. Regular posting resumes this week with the overdue The Battle Of Bowman round 2. Go Twins and thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Braves take at least 100 games this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Twins! There will still be tons of snow here in Central Minnesota for their home opener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Padres fan... I'll be pretty stoked if they win 108 games. I'll be happier if they win 95 games and win the World Series though.

    As an A's fan... I'll be happy if they don't lose 100+ games.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts