Tough To Resist (Weekly Trading Recap)

 I just can't seem to shut the door on trading. That's the issue with this, it's addicting. I got a couple deals in the mail this week, because I generally can't stand having no transactions going. I know how much organizing I need to do, but I just like getting mail. As for the new Topps hype I'm not dying over getting any into of this 2023 action tomorrow when I head up to my LCS, but I'll end up caving and blowing what should be 1972 money on a pack instead.

First trade of the week is from GoldenEagles555. The fact that I haven't finished my 1985 Topps team set but am going to finish my 1975 Topps team set this week is worrisome yet a relief. Another Idols card this week, this time featuring Knoblauch, who is soon to be over 100 different cards. I also chipped a chunk out of my missing 1995 Fleer team set.


2nd trade to come in is from newer member Bumgarner Boys. From their first forum post, I gathered they are a father son collecting team who recently joined the site and recently started trading. I love trading with newer members and even more with father son duos, (the latter more selfishly because they need late 80's wax cards.) I sent out 9 I was more than happy to depart with for 2 more closer to the 100 goal for Knoblauch, and a not pictured 2018 Topps Jose Reyes.

Finally we have a trade/PIF from member dsorek. Some time ago I picked up an extra 1972 Topps Dick Selma high number for cheap and I looked to PIF it to someone building the set. I sent it out to Dan, and he got it, bit didn't close the transaction. I was rather confused until I recieved these cards in the mail. The generosity that I've come across here is rather fascinating! In the end it was more like a trade, but both parties were still shocked.

That was it for this week. Nothing over the top but hopefully once I start up trading some cool offers come in. Before I sign off I wanted to mention I did start selling some non card items on eBay. I started listing LEGO things I didn't want, and have completed 1 sale so far. The only thing up now is a complete set but more LEGO things will be added, (like minifigure lots,) and eventually I will list some cards up there and other miscellany. I plan to use most of the money I get from these sales to fund a bit of my 1972 set. If you are interested taking a look, the link to my profile is here. The prices are going to be solid compared to the market nowadays :). Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. What 1985 Topps Twins do you still need for your team set? I've got a few hundred sitting in a box, so maybe I can help. No need to trade... I'd just send them to you (if I have them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked to see and I apparently own them all now, (once the final trade arrives,) except the Tim Belcher who is ironically in an Oakland uniform, but I'm not really interested in the cards with Twins name and other jerseys. Thanks for the offer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts