Last Trades Before Closing (Weekly Trade Recap)

The unfortunant time has come for trades to shut off for organizing. *sigh* The only plus is that during that process, 4k more cards will be added to my trade list. As the final deals roll in as the weekend ends, I'll finish the stretch at 200 completed transactions even. I got 7 PWE trades this week, all with entertaining, (for me anyway,) contents.

First up we have a trade from blog reader RJ Sahl. I sent out a 2019 Rod Carew and got these 2 in return. I love getting base set cards as it just shows how far I am away from gouging my wallet for the newer stuff. At the end of today, I have taken sole possession of 3rd place on the Kevin Tapani rankings on TCDb! Only 40 off of first place.


Next we have a small vintage trade from member myrke. I get most of my 72 set build from my LCS, and I don't always have direct access to what I don't have, and this has led me to purchasing 3 Bob Barton cards. To stop this I traded 1 of them and a league leaders card for the Barton I actually need, and the Lyle.

DukeyDevil, (Craig,) is one of my favorite people to trade with, and actually my most often traded with. A great variety of cards including a Puckett who is nearing in on 400 cards, and a new Olajuwan for my slowly but surely growing collection of him. Not included is a 2016 Topps First Pitch card of Gabrielle Giffords, who threw out the highlighted pitch at Citi Field.

A smaller trade from member Heasley09 brings in a 1973 Twin which leaves me 2 away from having the team set, (Danny Thompson and the team card.) I recently only began accepting the stickers with the logos in my collection. All I had to send was 1 1991 WLAF card. Not pictured is a 1975 Topps Don Hahn.

Next a small 9 for 9 deal from Starrbuck. Great early 90s cards here. I love the minor league cards and this one is no exception. The Idols card always through me off especially the David Cone card of the set. Not pictured is a 1995 Topps Traded Jeff Barry.

Now we get into today's mail, with a trade from Matt9975. Nothing like 4 more new Tapani cards! Even if 2 are Cubs I still love them. Almost at 30 Tapanis for the Cubs which is unbelievable. And as much as I despise the Dodgers I guess I'll get his cards from them too.

Last, but certainly not least, a trade from wbaker01. Another Twins Tapani that I'm surprised I didn't own, and some newer cards as well. Early to mid 2010's Topps Heritage is something I should touch on more. I have so few and just haven't gotten around to seeing what I am missing.

That concludes the trade recap of the week. 7 awesome deals with some awesome cards. Another COMC order might have been placed, so that'll be gone through when it gets to me, (95% Mets but some cool Twins.) Thanks to all who traded with me this week! Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Thanks for adding me into your post. It's always fun to help a TWINS fan. Maybe another trade when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts