Climbing To The Top

If you didn't know that I like Kevin Tapani, you should. This odd obsession with him, (that I'm sure everybody has of someone,) started around a year ago when he sat in my binder of World Series winners with just around 20 cards. I don't know what caused me to start going after every possible card, but 1 thing led to another and now I feel the need, feel the urge to be the number 1 collector of Kevin Tapani on TCDb.

In order to become number 1 you must drain every resource possible with desperation. I've cleared most of TCDb from people that I can trade with, and I've slowly began draining COMC, which provides the best options, and eBay will be a last resort, but to be honest, I've never touched Sportlots for anything ever. I've never found any need for it. Card shops and trades and a small purchase here and there have kept me full for almost 2 years now. Despite all the good things I've heard I've never felt any reason to, I already had many options.

So today I decided to check this so-called helpful source out. I looked at the prices and looked at the cards and found some small stuff and threw a small 5 card cart together. All Tapani cards, and they were cheaper then all the sites I've tried previously. I had some money left from a sale I made and decided to make the purchase. If this works out, I may have to list more things for sale, as it has all the possibilities of being another dangerous resource. The site itself works well and when they finish this redesign I've heard and seen it'll be much better. 

When all is said in done and I have received all remaining trades, COMC and Sportlots purchases, I will be in 2nd place, exactly 30 off the top spot. I've kept a eye on the progression of everybody else and if I keep my pace I am on path to be #1 before the end of the year. Of course it'll only get harder the more I get.

In total there are 388 total cards, which means I own 36.1% of all his existing cards. Excluding those filthy 1/1s I own 38.1%. It's going to be a long journey but one I'm sure most of us are capable of taking. I guess I am anyway.

The difficulty, and the climb, and my quest, continues. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I guess my odd obsession would be Kurt Suzuki. Best of luck on reaching #1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts