Twins Player of the Week 4: Trevor Plouffe

 I figured I'd bring this back.

Trevor Plouffe is one of my favorites and maybe it's just his last name. He played 6 years for the Twins and I always just liked him while he was with the team. He went on to play 2 more years with 3 other teams. 8 years, 510 total cards made of him. Not a bad ratio. One little fact about him I want to mention is his accomplishment in March 2021. He tweeted this and I recently discovered he did this in prep for this post. I will also add I do a prediction of the regular season every year and also got the Braves winning in 6, but against the Blue Jays. You'll just have to trust me. (I do plan to do it in a post here this year.) 

Now for the cards, and these are my top 3 of the 22 cards I own of Mr. Plouffe.

Card 1: 2011 Bowman Drafts & Prospects - Blue


I think that this is a great looking card. It's SN399 and I believe I got it from a COMC order. The up close section on the back of Bowman products have always been a favorite of mine as it gives just a bit more personal touch to the card by the player.


Card 2: 2014 Topps - Red Foil


This card is so much nicer in hand. It is a fantastic photo and looks pretty. One of Topps best designs in the last 20 years. I've had this card as long as I can remember and I know that I have this variation, base, green, and purple, and I know I've had them all for quite some time.


Card 3: 2016 Topps


Just a simple base card. Part of the borderless Topps sets, but it looked nice. I like designs that aren't all curvy but more straight and to the point, and this is just it. Another great photo as well.

Those are my top 3 Trevor Plouffe cards that I own. I hope to keep this series alive and get some more random players in there, and so if you have a Twins player you wanna see some cards of let me know. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Twins have always been my team. I remember watching Trevor. His last name was fun. Whenever he made an error, we would always say, there was a "Plouffe Goof"! Go Twins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts