Once you start... (TTM Update #1)

...you can't stop. Back in June of last year I attempted my first TTM AU on Kevin Tapani, (surprise.) I got it back mid October. Now I have this urge to try for more, and get as many Twins and Mets players as possible, and like any other sane collector I must pursue everybody I can. I have made 3 more attempts all successful. I was kind of skeptical at first about it, but now it's something new that I enjoy.

1995 Fleer Kevin Tapani

Not the most visually appealing design for a card, and it surely doesn't help he signed in black, but it's Kevin Tapani and I will not complain one bit. His signature is somewhat readable except for the little bit at the end, but again, it's Kevin Tapani. It did take over 130 days to come back. I guess he is a coach somewhere during the season. I sent 3, got 3 back, very pleasant first try.

1987 Topps Tom Kelly

I learned first hand Tom only signs 2 cards at a time. I also learned through SCF, (Sports Card Forum, the best way to get TTM Addresses and know the odds your cards come back,) that multiple people send the 3rd back again. I sent 3 only got 2, perfectly fine. He took the team to 2 World Series wins. Signature is readable, and it took only 14 days to come back. 

1983 Donruss John Pacella
A win win with this one. Sent him a Met and a Twin and got it back in a quick 10 days. Signature is a big heap of letters. Nearly everybody on SCF sends the 1981 Topps card, and that was the only other duplicate card I had of John. Always a good thing to turn 2 80's cards into new and improved, "hits." 

 1986 Topps Jesse Orosco

Sent this out hoping to get it back in time for a birthday gift, and he included a small note that wished my family all the best. A lot of people have had great success with the guy and he seams really nice. Another 10 day return. The number 47 is a really nice touch and it's a solid signature.

Those are my 4 successful TTM attempts. I try to send 1 at a time so I am going to let you guys vote on who I do next, and I can see how long this goes for. My options for the next attempt at the moment are:
  • Mike Smithson
  • Jack Savage
  • Steve Brye
  • Glenn Adams
  • Roger Erickson
  • Gary Gaetti
  • Scott Leuis
  • Bill Almon
You could also click on ads I can set up and get me 5 dollars to send to Kent Hrbek and Juan Berenguer. Of course mostly Twins, but if any of these players played from a team that you enjoy and collect, I can see if I have a double of it and could try to get it signed and would be open to making a trade or send it out as a kind of gift to you. Comment if you have one you'd like me to check. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I would go for the "G Man", Gary Gaetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was going to be my next one, but he hasn't returned an auto to anybody in the last 4 months so I'm probably going to wait until he is shown as still doing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts