Goals For 2023

 It's a new year, and I've already gone up over 100 cards for the Twins. Thanks to Crhistmas gifts and generous TCDb members, the year is shaping out to be sweet in a collecting point of view. A couple trades and a 2 hour stay at my LCS brought home some good stuff. I plan to showcase those and a COMC order sometime next week. And of course with the new year comes goals that we set. Some of my goals feel achievable, some don't. 

  • 8000 Twin cards
  • 450 Kirby Puckett cards
  • 175 Kevin Tapani cards
  • 50% of 1972 Topps
  • 150 Trades
  • 52 Blog posts
  • More organization in my future card, "room."
I'm currently sitting at about 6500 Twin cards, and I think with how I want to go about this year with cards and trading, I think 8K isn't so difficult. 

Kirby Puckett is at 384 and just for reference, I was at 250 around the start of last year. Shouldn't be so hard with many new releases that feature him.

Kevin Tapani has been a new focus of mine that I began last year and a lot of people have kind of associated me with him, so I have those connections to help. I'm at 30% of his cards owned, and hoping to get it up.

1972 Topps set is the only goal I don't think that I can reach. Most of these have and will be acquired through my card shop, I just don't think that I'm going to be focusing on this one as much as I want.

52 blog posts. That's 1 a week. I really want to get this one, I'll try quite hard to do it. I have my updated 5 off-season predictions and a couple other ready but Carlos Correa won't sign anywhere that doesn't like his leg. He won't go to LA so I won't go 5 for 5 though.

I'm reorganizing nearly everything in my room to make it more suitable for preparing card stuff. I have 2 great pieces of,  "furniture," that hold 300 count boxes beautifully that I plan to hold my trading cards in.

These are my goals for the year. Shouldn't be so hard. It'll be nice to accomplish most of these, I smashed most of my goals from last year. A more detailed and colorful post should be up sometime next week. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Best of luck on your goals. Any chance you'll show off this piece of furniture? I'd love to find something that acts as both furniture and storage in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can try. It is like a book case shelf, but the inside is divided into 24 little cubbies if you will. They aren't blocked off in the back, but against my wall it works. If you wanted to put a little card display on top it would look nice. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts