Blogging On Hold for a bit

 I know I set a goal to hit 52 posts for this year, and the title doesn't really help with that, mpbut ,y clogging will probably be off for a bit. I don't believe I've shared any of this but I am a freshman in high school and today my parents broke the news that they were getting divorced. They tried to work on it in the recent year but today I guess it came to a close. I didn't think it had to come down to this and I wish there was something I could do. A bit more personal than all my other posts, I know. As difficult as it was to write this it kind of helps with me expressing my feelings with this deal and I personally felt it would help me if I did this. My Dad was the person who collected the cards with me and got me started. He's the reason I get the Mets cards and what not. I don't know what this will do to our collection or anything for that matter, but for now most of my card related things are probably going to be on hold. If this wasn't what you were expecting, I know, I wasn't either. I appreciate your time. Hopefully I can be back at it soon, but my brain just isn't in that position right now. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. You hang in there kiddo, it will be an adjustment and that takes time (for everyone). Make the best out of each day and we will be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your entries. Your favorite teams are much like mine. Change is hard. Make the best of every day as Johnny said. Live in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen my parents never went through a divorce but you know that you have some decent friends that you could assist with card issues whether it here on your blog or Sportscardforum.com where if you need a friend to come to check with BSEBALLCOMMISH75 I'm sure that he can help you out with card questions but just remember having friends in the collecting world means alot were all understanding in many different ways I look forward to hearing from you either from your blog or seeing you on SCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. Sorry to hear this. My parents almost got a divorce when I was in high school and it was a rough period in my life. I was lucky to have good friends and loving family members to help me get through it. Hopefully you have people around you to talk to. If not you're a part of our blogosphere and we're here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate all your guys kind words. I'm feeling better now about everything and still hope to be back soon. I think since I wrote that in the moment, I may have just been still a little upset and probably was telling myself it would be worse then it probably will. I think that actualpy spending time with the cards and blogging is better, as it gives me something to do in the first weeks where things will change. Thanks again, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't have you in my blogroll but I have you now. So sorry to hear about your parents. Hang in there, praying things will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts