A Late Entrance To The Christmas Party (Part 2)

Today I finish my Christmas post with the highlights of my LCS trip and my 2022 Secret Santa cards.

This year was the first year taking part in this event, and it was quite fun. Especially because of what I got:


More Vintage! These were from Wildecat75 who I've traded with many times, and it was a great gift! (In case you're wondering, I went out 2 SN100 MEM cards to my match.) These are the cards I received from the 1963 set...

...the 1966 set...


...and the remaining cards from my 1977 and 1979 team sets. I was very surprised when I opened my package to see these. I tried to figure out who it was who sent me these before the reveal post but I failed.

I wanted to show off all of the LCS cards, but instead of struggling to remember what I bought, and came up with a better idea. Here is the summary of what I got in a 9 card page:

  1. I was able to pick up a 5 1960 cards off my wantlist.
  2. I got another Killebrew for my Topps run of his, and I also got the Jim Kaat from the set.
  3. 1964 Topps Coin, my oldest coin for the Twins.
  4. I got 3 more cards off my 1972 Topps set, currently at 162 cards.
  5. Reduced my 1975 team set wantlist down to 1.
  6. My Dad bought the 1991 Conlon Series 1 box. I love this set and I love new Senator cards. (Hence a $60 gift card as he buys a lot of my Twins. It was technically his own gift card he used for me.)
  7. He also got a hobby box of 1992 Classic Best so some new names in there.
  8. A lot of numbered cards. My LCS has a great selection of these. This one is my favorite.
  9. And I know what you're thinking, another Giant? I bought a pack of Chronicles. Love the variety.
There you have it. I will also include an honorable mention of a 32 card Joe Mauer lot from member AnalogKid, but I copped that before Christmas. I have a TTM success to share about tomorrow, so prepare for that. Thanks for reading.


Comments

  1. Great Twins vintage cards. I grew up (and currently live) in Central Minnesota watching Oliva, Kaat, Killebrew and more. Twins have always been my team.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts