Vintage Sets: My Newest Thing

I started collecting in around 2013 and it was a little box filled with the contents of a Walgreens repack. Since then I have amassed over 118k cards, but was team focused. I collected every team, but really wanted Mets and Twins. About a month ago, I started a vintage set endeavor, 1972 Topps.

I only had my Mets and Twins, (minus some high numbers, of course.) I had disregarded some of the difficulty of the dreaded high numbers, and went forward. My LCS has a whole selection of cards and has led me to getting the 130 of 787 that I own. They do have some of the pricier owns on display for sale, like the Pete Rose, and a graded 8.5 PSA Nolan Ryan card for a easily affordable $999. Every time I'm there, I try to get at least 3, and so far, I have been enjoying it.

I have gotten some very important card crossed off the list. We start with Hall of Famer and Pirates legend Roberto Clemente.


This was a LCS pick and I am happy I got it. It felt like a big one out of the way, and for only $3, it was 100% worth it, as with this market, you can never tell Condition isn't of course mint, (although this image is the card I have,) I cropped out the minor corner wear that this card contains.


I got this and the next card from the LCS on the same day. This is the IA SP of Rod Carew. I remember seeing this on a post of Night Owl Cards, and about a week later I owned one myself. A great addition to my Rod Carew collection of over 100, and a favorite of mine.

This one is another IA SP, and was pleased to get this one as well. There is only one thing I have to say about this card, and that is that it is better because of Tony Oliva being the puzzle on the back!

What was your first vintage set you collected or completed? If you have any you want to send me via trade, (I am not buying,) send me a deal through TCDb! Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I love 1972 Topps, and I'm glad you're collecting it! I am currently working on 1959 Topps - I'm over half-way numerically but have a lot of stars left.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts