Twins Players of the Week 3: Dan Gladden

Before I start, thanks to RJ Sahl for this player suggestion. Dan Gladden started his Twins career in 1987, and won the World Series. He finished his Minnesota career with another World Series in 1991. He is now doing the radio for the team. Here are my top 3 cards:

Card 1: 1992 Stadium Club Dome

I found this set at my LCS and only purchased it just for the Twin cards, knowing that it would practically be all 1991 Playoff highlights. This design is OK, the color is kind of strange, some of the foil on them was applied horribly, but like a said, there was 14 Twins in the box.

Card 2: 1992 Upper Deck Gold Hologram

Another LCS buy. Bought it thinking it was the regular set, (in fact, I didn't even know there was gold version.) EVERY card was new. The white border is fine with me, and the photo is my favorite part. I also got a 1993 UD set from the same place, but it wasn't gold, so I'm still looking for those.

Card 3: 1992 Panini Stickers
Got this from a TCDb trade. It's very weird with all of it's triangle usage, but the photo and color choice is nice. I think this is better then a lot of the Panini stuff in the last couple of years. It's very simple, and it HAS LOGOS.

 Thanks for reading, and tomorrow I will share the details of my giveaway!



Comments

  1. Thanks for using my suggestion and for the information on Dan Gladden. Following your blog now. Go TWINS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Gladden for his days with the Giants... but obviously remember him with both of those Twins World Series teams as well. He went to the same community college as me... although many years before I was there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts