Twins Players of the Week 2: Bob Allison

No, not the race car driver. This weeks final player is Twins Hall of Famer, Bob Allison. Allison first broke in to the big leagues with the Senators in 1958 and finished his career with the, "same," team, in 1970. Paired with Killebrew, and Jim Lemon as the Twins trio of home run hitters, Allison hit 256 homers in his time in the majors. Here is my judgement of my favorite 3 cards of his that I own:

Card 1: 1962 Topps

Ah, the sweet look of the '62 wood design. Received this card from a friend who knows I collect cards. I can see what people dislike about the background, but it's probably one of my favorites of the 60's. Its a nice set, in which I'm still missing some Twins from, so hopefully one day those cards will be mine.

Card 2: 1969 Milton Bradley


This card is nice. I accepted some free cards that TCDb member jsmalls was giving away, only expecting NASCAR and WWE cards that he had to offer. He instead added practically all the Twins from this set, an authentic Homer Hanky, and much more. The card is simple. and again, I'm not fond of the no logos, but what should I expect from a board game manufacturer.

Card 3: 1978 TCMA - The 60's


This set is very minimal. Nice photo, a little story on the back, and a great way to get some cards out of players from the 60's. The only person I wish they added but didn't was Hank Izquierdo, which leaves me I-less for Twins players with cards. A nice card overall.

Those are my top 3 picks from my Bob Allison cards. I own 7 in total, with the rest being his late 60's cards. Again, feel free to comment on anybody you'd like to see cards highlighted for the Twins, and will eventually move forward to other teams. I've already received one suggestion that will be carried out next week. I will post every Monday & Friday, with these player of the weeks, and all TCDb trades and LCS pick-ups will also be showcased here. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts