Twins Players of the Week 1: Adalberto Mejia

 Today in my first post back, I am highlighting one random Twins player. These are chosen randomly, by way of the first player that comes in to my mind. The honorary first player is Adalberto Mejia. He only played about 3 years with the team, and had a unimpressive 4.11 ERA and a 6-7 record. Now, lets get to the cards part of this. I will choose 3 cards for each person, (sorry Ricky Nolasco, your 1 card won't make the cut,) and give my opinions about the style, image, etc.


Card 1: 2017 Topps - All-Star Game 2017
One of the few sets I've ever bought close to the release date. And it wasn't on purpose. I was on Amazon looking to make a purchase and found this, thinking it was the regular base set. It wasn't, and I'm happy I got it, as it seems these sets are more expensive now, (surprise!) and I could then focus on the cheaper base cards. Its a nice set and card, and the stamp isn't too distracting, which is nice.


Card 2: 2017 Panini Diamond Kings

I can't deny that Panini products are nice, but the no logos ordeal just takes away more then the style has to offer. The design is very modern, the, "photo," is nice, but it just is sad to look at it, and see nothing but the word Minnesota as a team depiction.

Card 3: 2018 Topps Minnesota Twins


This set along with the 2016 base set are probably my favorite Topps set in the last 10 years. They are very smooth looking, whatever that means. Team sets are always a good way to get some more cards for your favorite team, but their only downside is that they don't have manager cards. I wish that with Fanatics, they start adding managers. We shall see...

This seemed like a good start to get back in to this. If you wanna see a player for the Twins be highlighted, comment below on who it is, and I'll see if I own the 3 card minimum of them. I am at first refraining from the big guys, (Kirby will be interesting narrowing it down,) so lets see if we can get some people that aren't always in the spotlight. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. How about Dan Gladden, the radio voice of the Twins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be tough to pick my favorite cards but sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts