Rick Sofield: The Unsung Hero of My Collecting.

Today, for my first ever post, I will talk about Rick Sofield. He started his playing career April 6th 1979 and finished it October 4th 1981 all while playing for the Minnesota Twins. He slashed .243/.293/.342 with only 9 career homeruns but it wasn't his not-so-good playing career that makes him very important to me. Back in 2015, I first discovered the world of card collecting and got a 100 card pack from my local Walgreens and I was hooked. The variety I saw in the little, $4.99 box was majestic. But there was one card in particular that stood out to me and it was Sofield's 1982 Topps Card


This card, was my favorite card as it was my oldest card in the 500 card collection. It brought me joy looking at this card and I was elated just  to own it. It may only be a base card, and have been past in oldest card rankings by 31 years, but this card bloomed in me to start my now 113K card collection. If anybody who read this has a card like mine, tell about it in the comments. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. looks good, hope you have fun with the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start. Good idea starting the blog that started your collecting journey. Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! Also nice to see a blog that features a card you don't see every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome. (cue dramatic music)

    Added you to my blogroll.

    John1941 on TCDB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! I've a soft spot for repacks. They were my gateway drug back to collecting after taking a few decades off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts